Osmand is opensource navigation application with raster/vector maps
Osmand+ is an open source navigation utility with get right of entry to to all kinds of world open boulevard map information. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. Osmand additionally deals offline and online routing performance together with voice guidance.
Osmand+ is the paid application version, by means of shopping for it you beef up the challenge, fund the advance of recent features, and obtain the newest updates.
Some of the core features:
– Complete offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
– Compact offline vector maps for the whole world available
– Unlimited downloading of country or region maps directly from the app
– Offline Wikipedia feature (download Wikipedia POIs), great for sightseeing
– Overlay of several map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, Points of Interest, favorites, contour lines, public transportation stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
– Offline search for addresses and places (POIs)
– Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
– Car, bicycle, and pedestrian modes with:
– Optional automated day/night view switching
– Optional speed-dependent map zooming
– Optional map alignment according to compass or direction of motion
What’s in this version : (Updated : Dec 5, 2014)