Practical English Usage v1.0.9
Requirements: 2.2 and up
Overview: Sensible English Utilization is a global bestseller and a important reference device that helps lecturers and better-degree novices with well-liked language issues in English. It’s now to be had as an app, making it faster and more uncomplicated to appear up the 600+ entries. The app has been developed by way of Oxford College Press, the sector’s most authoritative English-language reference writer, working at the side of Paragon Tool Crew, a number one instrument developer for cellular units.
Sensible English Utilization offers fast solutions to questions concerning the English language which each native and non-native audio system of English in finding tough to provide an explanation for: When will we use a previous nerve-racking with a future which means? When and why do English audio system use ‘the’? Do I say ‘giant’, ‘huge’, or ‘nice’? What precisely is the adaptation between ‘shut’ and ‘shut’? How do I learn out an e mail handle?
The Sensible English Utilization app:
• Offers with spoken and written grammar, vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation, and variations between formal and casual language.
• Incorporates over 600 listed entries masking all of the necessary issues for freshmen of English.
• Bargains clear, easy explanations with corpus-primarily based examples.
• Contains notes on historical past issues equivalent to letters and emails, politeness, standardisation and dialect grammar, the that means of ‘correctness’, variations between spoken and written English, and modifications in English.
• Covers variations between British and American English.
• Get entry to entries in the course of the very full Index, both by means of scrolling throughout the checklist or by means of keying within the language level you wish to have to appear up – e.g. future, conditionals, ‘have’.
• Browse during the thematically-organised Contents Overview and the A-Z checklist of entries. Each of those will also be searched.
• Navigate instantly between associated entries during the many pass-references.
• Create your individual record of favorite entries.
• Go to ‘Historical past’ to view your up to date searches.