A simple App to Backup and Restore SMS Messages. This is a Paid No-Ads version of the Ad-Supported Free App.
* Automatic Scheduled Backups.
* View Backup Contents.
* Backups created in XML Format on the SD Card.
* Solution to backup selected conversations only.
* MMS not supported yet.
NOTE: There’s a recognized drawback with some firmware variations of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
This App wants the next permissions to work:
* Storage – alter/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
* Your messages – edit SMS or MMS, learn SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Wanted to learn SMS right through backups and write them all over repair.
* Your own knowledge – learn contact knowledge (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To show and retailer the contact names within the backup file.
* Machine instruments – forestall cellphone from snoozing (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
* Hardware controls – control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
– Finnish – Thanks to Juhana H.
– Russian – Thanks to Pavel (Павел Миронов)
– Spanish – Thanks to Miguel A. Alvarez
– French – Thanks to Julien Benoist
Fix for the null error that some users are getting.