Sound Meter Pro is the 4th set of Smart Tools collection (noise, vibration, seismometer).
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app makes use of your telephone mic to measure noise extent in decibels(db), and presentations a reference.
We had calibrated many android units with the real sound stage meter with dB(A).
REMEMBER!! The sensible telephone microphones have been aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB).
Therefore the utmost values are LIMITED by the producers and the very loud sound(100+ db) can’t be known.
Galaxy S3(max.81dB), Galaxy Note(91dB), Galaxy S2(98dB), Moto Droid(100dB), HTC Desire(82dB)…
Vibrometer app makes use of the telephone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference.
Whether it is inaccurate, you could calibrate it in order that the utmost value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
– Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
– Statistic menu and Save log data
– Level notification
– Line-chart duration
– More models are calibrated
– No ads
* Do you need more instruments?
Get [Smart Tools] package deal.
For extra knowledge, see the handbook, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** Not Compatible with: Xperia(X8, X10 mini), LG(Optimus One, P350), GT-I9001, ZTE, etc
– v2.4.9 : Design.
– v2.4.8 : Extra fashions calibrated.
– v2.4.6 : SGS5 toughen.
– v2.4.5 : Display capture update.
– v2.4.4 : OS4.4 Kitkat and Nexus 5 support.
– v2.4.1 : 2nd-gen Nexus 7 improve.
– v2.4.0 : ActionBar delivered.